Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Road Trippin'

Hey there!  It's Missy here with you today.  It feels like forever since I posted here at The Cut Shoppe!  I can't believe it's May already....wow!

For today's layout, I used a few different cut files.  I used Happy Camper, Here & There, and Scalloping Circles cut files. I was in the mood to create a travel-themed page, and these files jumped out at me.


I used the Scalloping Circles as a background element.  I cut it in white cardstock and then adhered it to another sheet of white cardstock.  Then I used gesso to cover a  huge portion of it to prepare it for some mixed media work.  I used a few distress inks and some plastic packaging to create my messy background.  I wanted the circles to be subtle and add interest and texture.  The collection I used is called Modern Girl from Bo Bunny.  I really just loved the fun colors.


Lots going on here...you can really see the ink up close and all the layers under the photo.  I added some vellum under the picture, too.  I used gelatos to color the edges of the "Road Trip" triangle, and I used distress inks to color "destination."  That's the beauty of cutting files onto white cardstock :)  I printed my  journaling on my computer since there was no easy spot to write it.  I didn't want to try and write over the background cut file.


I love the white-on-white look...perfect for a big busy cut file background without being TOO busy.  I did trace around it with a silver pen to give it a little bit of clarity.


Aren't these viewfinder pieces so cute?  I cut them from patterned paper and tucked them into my layers.  I think they are perfect for echoing the circles in the background.


I added in lots of wood veneer from Studio Calico.  I colored this one with blue gelatos and then adhered it over some red thread.  That cute flair button is from A Flair For Buttons.  I don't use red a whole lot on my pages, so this cute button just had to be used on this page!


One more look at the top...you can see where I stitched and added in some washi tapes.


I hope this inspires you to create a fun travel page!  There are a lot more travel cut files available in the shop!

Here's a process video showing how I created this page from start to finish.  Enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm seriously looking at your layout and writing a shopping list! Ha!! I LOVE those wood veneers! I LOVE the background! I am in awe of your magic touch with the cut files!! I love the layers and solatters!! This is so happy!!

    ReplyDelete