Sunday, April 23, 2017

Happy Memories

Hey friends! Kelly here to share a new layout with you using the Washi Love Cut File and the Follow Your Heart Cut File.



I started in Cricut Design Space by slicing apart the Washi Love Cut File and then copied/pasted the washi designs to create a pattern. I then resized each washi strip to 11.5" in length. Next, I added the Follow Your Heart Cut File and sized it appropriately over the washi strips. My intention is to use the Follow Your Heart Cut File as a template for hand stitching. I wanted the number of hand stitched hearts to match the number of washi strips so I copied/pasted the heart image and sized it slightly smaller than the first.


After the washi strips were cut on a patterned paper from the Shimelle Little By Little Collection, I lightly adhered them to the white cardstock background. I then took the largest heart from the Follow Your Heart Cut File, held it in place with my hand, and used my piercing tool to poke holes for the hand stitching. I repeated this same step with the smaller heart from the same cut file.



I matched the embroidery floss as closely as I could to the colors in the patterned paper washi strips. I positioned the photo on the bottom right and added a few more ephemera pieces from the Shimelle Little By Little Collection as layering pieces. I then added my title using a combination of words from Heidi Swapp and the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie Collection.

Here's a look at how the layout came together!!



Thank you so much for spending part of your day with me and don't forget to head over to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all of the cut files and digital collections.




No comments:

Post a Comment