Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Hello Hello

Hello Scrappy friends! Michelle back today with a new layout share featuring the new Get Around cut file. As soon as I saw the designs, I knew instantly that I needed to create a crazy circle design page. I hope you like it!


Using 3 of the 4 designs in the set, I've created a somewhat diagonal design with multiple circular elements. I played around with a few different concepts and sizes for the circles in Silhouette Studio prior to cutting to ensure the layout would flow right. 

I've used everything except the 'Today' circle from this set.

After the designs were cut I backed all the open pieces on the edges of all the circles with pretty papers from the Wild at Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, then embellished with ephemera bits from the same collection.

Here's some close ups..

I've machine stitched around all of the circle edges for some added detail. This technique reminds me so much of quilting, a hobby I've long given up as there just isn't enough time in the day ;( 

All of the cut file pieces are raised up on foam tape to add some dimension to the page. Another fun technique I tend to use a lot!


I also incorporated a few more circular elements from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio collection - enamel glitter dots and die cut pieces..

And lastly some typed journalling about the photo. Something I've been forgetting to add on each layout I make recently. But, I aim to start remembering!

Well that's all from me today. I hope this has inspired you in some way. 
Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x





No comments:

Post a Comment