Saturday, April 22, 2017

Summer Fun

Hi All,

Zsoka here with you today to show you my latest layout I've created for The Cut Shoppe.

I chose the Geo to Go cut file this time. I love this cut file, it's not the first time I used it!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/201043453/the-geo-to-go-cut-file-is-a-12x12?ref=hp_rv
  
I decided to go with the wonderful summer collection, Endless Summer from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I am not so into pastels but this collection is a dream to work with, I am glad I bought it! It simply makes me happy. Every single piece! What I love about CVS the most is the big variety of embellies with each collection. My favourites are the woodies, I may or may not have bought 3 packs of them :D.


I started out by backing my cut file with different patterned papers as usual. This took me a while, so I was watching Jane the Virgin in the meantime. Have you guys seen it? Hilarious. I used to watch telenovelas as a kid, because that was pretty much all we had on TV back then, ha! Anyhow, back to topic.

I printed a big size photo for a layout and I only have 12x18" photo paper, which I normally waste...But this time I actually took the time and figured out how to fill it up and print more photos on it in all sorts of sizes. Well this one is a bit of an odd size, I just enlarged it to fit in the last bit of white space I had left.




I put some tissue paper behind my photo and adhered it to my background. I then cut a frame from the ephemera pack in half and glued these in two corners of the photo, just to add a little something. My title is also from the ephemera pack, I glued SUMMER directly onto my photo and added some pop dots to the FUN die cut to raise it up a bit. I attached a small die cut with a clip - this is the only thing on the layout that is not from Endless Summer. I believe this is from Freckled Fawn. Also a woodie found its new home in this corner!


There are a few hibiscus die cuts in the ephemera pack and they are so gorgeous! I tucked them under my photo on the top and on the left. Some of them I popped up to give them a bit of dimension.
I then added some more ephemera pieces to the left side of my photo, plus a puffy camera and a woodie. Of course!



One of the Geo tags I filled with enamel shapes and yet another woodie. :)




To finish it off, I stamped my date and added some black ink splatters. No journaling on this one since I scrapped several photos from the same day!


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I could inspire you X





No comments:

Post a Comment