Monday, April 10, 2017

Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

Zsoka back with you today with a new layout.
I used a cut file that I've been meaning to use for ages, though not the way I ended up using it :).


I wanted to go with a geometric type background cut file and then just use the outer parts of it. The Quirky Quilt cut file was perfect for this!

I traced the whole cut file and then I just kept deleting the shapes until I had the design left that I had on mind.

 

I used the wonderful Oh My Heart collection from Paige Evans for Pink Paislee. I chose two patterned papers: the little heart design for my cut file and the ombre paper for backing this. Since this was not a terribly time consuming activity, I thought I'd add a little something to it. I busted out my embroidery floss stash and looked for colors that matched the background paper. Then I spent some time on hand stitching around each shape. This adds some texture and interest to the layout.



I was actually going to go with Pancakes for title (or something along those lines) using the adorable, colourful alpha thickers from this collection. And they fit really well too! But then I saw the Thumbs Up phrase thickers, and I knew I had to go with those. Not that I wouldn't find another photo of my kid where he gives me thumbs up... In almost every picture he does that :D.


Photographing metallics is my pet peeve really...But these rose gold chipboards are so pretty, I had to use them! Besides, I was so happy I found the one that says Eat dessert first! I don't mind using random things on my layouts, but 'm totally excited when I find something that matches my theme! This was meant to be!  


I had a part of another cut file left (Spin Circle) that I used the same day and I added it here as a layer behind my photo. I don't like to throw things away! I also used some tissue paper and an ephemera piece for layers. I didn't go crazy on embellishing around my photo because my background was so busy. Instead I added a lot of enamel dots to my cut file in coordinating colors.


I typed up my journaling on white cardstock and cut it into several pieces which I glued down below my photo. I can't for the life of me find the date on this layout, it looks like I forgot to add it?! This doesn't happen often! So I'd better go now and find this page before I forget about it, again!

I hope I could inspire you today in one way or the other! Thanks for stopping by! X

1 comment:

  1. Totally cool page! Love the stitching and Ombre paper effect Tx

    ReplyDelete