Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Cutains Up with Jennifer

Hello everybody,

Jennifer here with a new layout for The Cut Shoppe.



For this project I used the Bull's Eye cutfile.

Confession time: I find full sized background cutfiles really hard to use if they are really intricate. I always feel like my layouts turn out too cluttered and full. And sometimes full is exactly what I'm going for - as I demonstrated with my last layout that I shared here - but most of the time I really need some white space on my layouts. So, most of the time I just cut them apart to fit my scrappy needs.


The Bull's Eye cutfile was a bit of a impulse purchase I made recently via the etsy shop. I was in a shopping mood and just threw everything into the shopping cart I found even mildly interesting. So, there I was with my busy background cutfile and - honestly - no idea how to use it. But then we watched The Greatest Showman (twice because we absolutely loved it) and afterwards we were in a bit of a playful mood. When my friend threw open the cinema doors like she was in a musical of her own we just had to have a bit of photoshoot. (It all felt very Germany's Next Topmodel.)

But the picture really worked well with the cutfile because from the beginning it reminded me of those old velvety theatre curtains. So, I cut of about half the cutfile to give it a "curtains being drawn up" kind of feel and I really like how it turned out.

I didn't glue down the entire cutfile just some points here and there. All those little half circles tend to curl up and I think it gives the layout a nice bit of dimension without being bulky.


For my paper layers and embellishments I turned to an older collection that I had barely touched since I got it. I'm really in the mood for stash busting these days. And I was really proud of myself for using this big sofa die cut as a backdrop for my title.


And it's really not as random as it seems. Our english cinema is very retro with a thick plush carpet and golden wallpaper. So it kind of fit.

That's it from me for today. Thank you for stopping by and have a great week!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment