Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I Heart You | Elsie Robinson

Hey TCS fans, it's Elsie here and I'm so happy to be back on the Cut Shoppe DT for another term. I've made a 12x12 layout for today's post because as soon as I saw The Heart Shaped Box cut file, I knew I had to make a layout with it! 


My original plan for this cut file was to back each heart with a different patterned paper, as well as the the border of hearts. But I quickly realised that all of those patterns would be too busy for my liking.

Instead I decided to back each heart with a different patterned paper, but use a neutral pattern to back the grid with.


Incase you were wondering I used Crate Paper papers (from several collections) to back the hearts. I love all the variety of patterns and shades of pink in the hearts, it's so fun and whimsical! And I used a plain black and white text patterned paper to back the grid with, which is from the Maggie Holmes Gather collection.


And of course I couldn't resist stitching around the cut file! I used some plain white thread for this which creates a very subtle look, but adds lots of cute texture!


And to make the cut file pop off my page even more, I strayed away from my beloved white cardstock background *gasp*! 

Instead I used a light woodgrain paper, and because it's quite a neutral colour and pattern, it doesn't clash with all of the pink hearts and embellishments!


I hope you're inspired to use the gorgeous Heart Shaped Box cut file on your next project!


No comments:

Post a Comment