Thursday, April 12, 2018

New Cut Files | Joyful Heart

New Cut File day is always fun here at The Cut Shoppe!  We've got four awesome new designs for you to choose from...but hey, why choose...just get all four!!  :)  Since we just had Easter, I was feeling an Easter vibe layout using the new Flutterby cut file.  I paired it with the Flourish collection from Crate Paper, and it turned out just the way I wanted!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/593141240/the-flutterby-cut-file-is-a-background?ref=shop_home_feat_4

I started by cutting the Flutterby design from White card stock.  I knew I wanted to back each of the butterflies with patterned paper from the Flourish collection, but I did it a little differently this time.  Instead of cutting the butterfly from the patterned paper to the same size as the ones on the cut file, I cut them larger, so they would overlap the outline of the original cut file.  Then I used a bit of glue down the center of each butterfly to attach the patterned paper piece.


Once I had the cut file in place on my background paper, I machine stitched around the circle, to secure the cut file.  I placed my photo on the left hand side of the page and tucked it behind some of the butterflies.  Then I used the Joyful Heart ephemera piece from the Flourish collection as the title of my layout.


I created another large cluster under the photo to add balance to the layout, and I really wanted to use the transparent "lovely" ephemera!  I finished the layout with some fussy cut butterflies from one of the papers in the Flourish collection.  

The Flutterby cut file would work great for so many different themed layouts!  Make sure you stop by The Cut Shoppe Etsy store to pick it up and check out the other new designs that are available!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment